Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I told you to be patient, and I told you to be fine, and I told you to be balanced, and I told you to be kind





"I was running, as the silks rustled, through room after room without stopping, for i believed in the existence of a last door." Czeslaw Milosz


"the way her body existed only where he touched her. the rest of her was smoke."  Arundhati Roy



"This is how my sorrow became visible: its dust, piling up for years in my heart, finally reached my eyes."
Faiz Ahmed Faiz




"She was extending a hand that i didn’t know how to take, so i broke its fingers with my silence."
Jonathan Safran Foer



Is today the day? Am I ready? Am I doing all I need to do? Am I being the person I want to be? Mitch Albom




There are moments when one has to choose between living one’s own life, fully, entirely, completely-or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands. Oscar Wilde




'One absolute truth about the universe is that things fall apart. Worrying about this is a Bourgeois trait and distracts from pursuits of real value. Learn to enjoy the dust and dirt. Learn to find beauty in imperfect or malfunctioning things.






i used to think i was the strangest person in the world but then i thought, there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways i do. i would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. well, i hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it’s true i’m here, and i’m just as strange as you."
Frida Kahlo












 I spin worlds where we could be together. I dream you. For me, imagination and desire are very close. Jeanette Winterson




Luxury is not a necessity to me, but beautiful and good things are. Anaïs Ni




I got my head checked
By a jumbo jet
It wasn’t easy but nothing is
No
 Blur







He taught me housekeeping; when I divorce I keep the house.
Zsa Zsa Gabor







Love is or it ain’t. Thin love ain’t love at all.
Toni Morrison





Yesterday you asked me what the purpose of life is. I’ve thought about that ever since. I think it’s to do good no matter what life throws at you, to not let the pain turn you bitter.
Janette Rallison



5 comments:

kaitlyn said...

great post! you have such a talent for gathering beautiful images that tell a story even though they are seemingly unrelated. thanks for sharing!

xx kaitlyn
thehypermanikin

esme and the laneway said...

Wow, absolutely exquisite post! x

Rianna said...

Thankyou very much!
Both of you have such gorgeous blogs! xoxo

Unknown said...

Post like these are why I love your blog, so inspiring x

Rianna said...

Thankyou Hannah! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails